Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wasucaly Samurai

Sir Jeff Guest
    Yeah I wouldn't want to drive it much on the highway. LOL I have, and it sucked.

I plan on replacing the motor. More power would be nice.

I had a bronco before this, and with gas prices going where they are I'm much happier with the smaller rig. Though I've had to get creative with storage options. I've got more to do yet, but I think I'll have plenty of room. I find its opened a lot of trails up to me that larger rigs just cant get into.

It will be nice come summer when the snows melted off. I've got lots of trails I've previously been unable to get into. Even Toyotas scrape getting in on them, a full size is a no go at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelandangan View Post
    Great trip, beautiful pics!

I had a sammy (called sierra here) a decade ago, great car, light and well balanced.

Now with the kids grown up, I need a landcruiser to carry their stuff :-P
    I thought the design was familiar, here in Aus, but couldn't remember the badge name.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

"Charles Darwin"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jeff View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot to ask you Maine, looks like great Kayaking huh?
    That would be so awesome Jeff. That area just seems so serene.
    I've never met a body of water I didn't like

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jeff View Post
    This area is called Washougal now. The Indian name was Wasucaly, which means in Chinook "rushing waters". Took my little Samurai up and had some fun today.

Gorgeous area as always. Except summer this is usually a very remote place, today was no exception. We saw one car all day, and him and his dogs stayed to the lower areas.

Like much of the region this time of year the rivers are flooded, and the higher mountains are loaded with snow.

Much to our dismay, none of the roads were passable. WE SURE TRIED THOUGH! We broke snow on many drifts, but were still unable to get through. Sorry for the next guy that sees tire tracks and thinks he can make it!LOL

This time of year water gushes from everywhere!

So can we go here? Looks way cool!
    And shepherds we shall be for Thee my Lord for Thee, Power hath descended forth from Thine hand that our feet may swiftly carry-out Thy command, And we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be, For Thee my Lord for Thee. In Nomine Et Patri, Et Filii, Spiritus Sancti

Quote Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    That would be so awesome Jeff. That area just seems so serene.
    We've got lots of water like that, you'd love it. I'd like to get into some river kayaking myself someday.

Quote Originally Posted by theboonedockssaint View Post
    So can we go here? Looks way cool!
    Yeah it's a bit further out, but we certainly can if you want. Too bad the snows so low, I know tons of cool places around.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.~Bill Hicks

Yup, awesome rig Jeff!
    What a cool looking place, I'm loving my motorbike for those solo trips to places like that, I can still carry a fair amount of gear and it's less likely to get stuck while being easier to recover if it does.

I had a LWB Vitara (Sidekick), 1600cc 4 cylinder, lifted 2" all round and 31x10.5 BFGoodrich All Terrains.
    Very basic but it got places that bigger more kitted trucks didn't.

Get your SurvivalHQ Patches here

"That road less traveled is a toll road, and sometimes the charge is more expensive than we ever expected. Most of the time, it's a one way road. Make the decision, hope for the best, and start traveling. Carry lots of coins."
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
    Dr Seuss