Thread: "mental" observation

"mental" observation

I have noticed there sure seems to be more cases of people mentally losing it or just "mentally off" these days. I have also caught myself reacting much different and more cautions of others, even those I know as it seems the magnetic pole shift is also causing havoc with the mental poles in some people heads.

I think mental health has been discussed in prepping and survival but I have to say I think its time to move its importance up a few notches.

Yes, very much so.

It has been discussed on this forum, Scottish Lass posted very good info on this, don't know if it is on the new forum, and i have broached the subject.

The effects on mental health can be from something such as being subjected to sudden change, as in a survival situation, time frames and scenarios effect different peole in different ways, being psychlogically prepared as much as one can be.

But some may have pre existing medical conditions that require constant medical treatment, what if that is no longer available?

There is a very long list of causes, types and effect ranging from initial and prolonged psychological shock, loss of loved ones, family and etc, not knowing, or having a clear goal, complete lifstyle change to name a few.

Some will go into denial, complete meltdown, but lets not forget what effect or impact this will have on others in a family or group situation.

Sometimes, it will have a contagion type effect, morale and morals can be severly impacted or compromised as it spreads and, it can snowball from there.

How do we deal with it?

Well first recognise the symptons, the earlier the better. Then work on a plan of action or treatment where possible, most of us do not have any qualifications to treat the many types, and even fewer of us have seen, experienced or , and i use this term loosely, actually have any idea in a " bush medicine" type approach, how to at least talk or council the victim.

Some have worked in professions that can give us the very basics, military, law enforcement, emergency services, medical, to name a few, at the coal face, but more professional treatment in often needed afterwoods, sometimes long term depending what the cause or trauma was.

Scottish Lass just posted this today, very good info.

http://survivalhq.net/showthread.php...ical-First-Aid
    Last edited by dragon; 04-30-2012 at 12:18 AM.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

"Charles Darwin"

Thanks for pointing that out as I missed it. She sure posts some good information and I have to admit I was just trying to start a few threads to generate conversation and get thing moving here a little. Seems the site is a little slow and everyone must be out in their gardens

Quote Originally Posted by Von Helman View Post
    Seems the site is a little slow and everyone must be out in their gardens
    We don't have as many active members since the changeover so although it appears slow the ones who did make the switch seem to be posting more. We are still a small group and we are still trying to spread the word about who and where we are. It's been a long slow road for us up to this point but we feel we have a good solid core of members to build upon. We are most certainly open to suggestions on how attract new members so if you have some ideas let us know....

...but not in this thread as this is for comments to your original post

And yes, the weather is now Spring-like in the US so those members are probably out and about more as you mentioned.
    Last edited by Maine; 04-30-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    I've never met a body of water I didn't like

Could not agree more, it is the tides, full moon, in the water or the air? Crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Von Helman View Post
    I have noticed there sure seems to be more cases of people mentally losing it or just "mentally off" these days. I have also caught myself reacting much different and more cautions of others, even those I know as it seems the magnetic pole shift is also causing havoc with the mental poles in some people heads.

I think mental health has been discussed in prepping and survival but I have to say I think its time to move its importance up a few notches.
    Yep seems that is the case. Also some of us always were
    "mentally off"
    and never fit in with the mainstream ideas or the group. With the way things are heading that is probably good.( I am not a lemming) If you have not seen the show Training for Doomsday on Nat Geo you need too, talk about mentally off, some of theses folks must have been the Springer rejects that were too "mentally off" for the regular Dooms Day Prepper show, as if that was even possible? Dunno it was really different! Some folks "Mental" does not begin to expalin it, maybe we need to bring back "TOUCHED". LOL Havoc for sure.
    Life is like a box of Chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.-
    Forrest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by forestdavegump View Post
    Yep seems that is the case. Also some of us always wereand never fit in with the mainstream ideas or the group. With the way things are heading that is probably good.( I am not a lemming) If you have not seen the show Training for Doomsday on Nat Geo you need too, talk about mentally off, some of theses folks must have been the Springer rejects that were too "mentally off" for the regular Dooms Day Prepper show, as if that was even possible? Dunno it was really different! Some folks "Mental" does not begin to expalin it, maybe we need to bring back "TOUCHED". LOL Havoc for sure.
    Bless your heart...........

Quote Originally Posted by forestdavegump View Post
    Yep seems that is the case. Also some of us always wereand never fit in with the mainstream ideas or the group. With the way things are heading that is probably good.( I am not a lemming) If you have not seen the show Training for Doomsday on Nat Geo you need too, talk about mentally off, some of theses folks must have been the Springer rejects that were too "mentally off" for the regular Dooms Day Prepper show, as if that was even possible? Dunno it was really different! Some folks "Mental" does not begin to expalin it, maybe we need to bring back "TOUCHED". LOL Havoc for sure.
    Exactly, Being a certified bonafide whack job. Its hard to tell if I'm off. Haven't bitten anyone in more than a few years so I suppose thats a good sign. Than again maybe thats just cause we moved out of the city.