Thread: Small Game Carrying Method

Christchurch, the Shakin' City, New Zealand

Small Game Carrying Method

Vid I did today while out shooting, check it if you want!

Cheers,
    Sean.
    Last edited by Maine; 05-01-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    Not all who wander are lost

.308 Win, .357mag/.38spl, .12g, .22LR

Posted up your vid on Pine Branch Wrestling....I mean the vid above to our YouTube channel Sean.

Was that the evenings dinner?
    I've never met a body of water I didn't like

YYY-Y-You killed B-B-Bugs B-B-Bunnieeeeeee!!!!
    Those that says something cannot be done should stop bothering those who are doing it - Nikola Tesla

If I say something that offends you, PLEASE let me know, so I can say it again later.

http://www.gelandangan.netau.net/

Awesome...bet he was good

I like the technique though, simple and effective. It also makes ya look like the kid running away from home with his pack on the stick over his shoulder
    Come check out Survival & Homesteading, my consulting business for preparing individuals and groups in every way, from small local disasters to outdoor survival situations and long term SHTF scenarios.
    http://www.facebook.com/surviveitall

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” - Heraclitus

If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress? - Anonymous

Christchurch, the Shakin' City, New Zealand
    Haha, yeah but some of the Hares(Jack Rabbits) down here get pretty damned big, and carrying 3 of them around can actually be a pain in the ass. The one in the video was a small one, I've seen a few the size of small-medium sized dogs(no kidding, they're HUGE!). I'm planning on setting up in a good spot with some camo and the .308 bolt gun to see if I can shoot the damn thing, and definitely get some pictures of it.

My mate called bullshit on me when I told him, and when we went out once I pointed one out to him in the middle of a paddock. He said "That's just a big-ass rock", so I fired a bird-shot round into the air and it took off hahaha. He was jumping about on the spot going "HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT!" Haha.
    They're pretty ellusive and I can never get anywhere near the damned things, and I don't want to shoot one at 80m with a .22LR, it'll just run off and die slowly. The first Hare I shot took 9 freaking rounds of .22LR, 8th was in the back knee, so it finally stopped running, and the 9th was the head. I skinned it out and it was full of holes, a really big old male(Hence why I don't want to try half-assing it).

Cheers,
    Sean.
    Not all who wander are lost

.308 Win, .357mag/.38spl, .12g, .22LR