Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am now entering a new realm of survival. Cancer.

I am now entering a new realm of survival. Cancer.

Yes, you read the thread title right. I have cancer. I just found out last Thursday.
    It's in one of my kidneys.

This is bringing my prepping to a whole new level.

First i had Crohn's disease, which destroys the lining of my intestines. Crohn's disease i was able to get under control by changing my diet to less pre-processed foods, and more natural foods.

This cancer called Renal Cell Carcinoma is going to be a tougher battle, but just like the Crohn's disease, i expect complete victory.
    I DO NOT GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT.

I will be prepping for the future by stock piling high protein foods, and foods that do not make my conditions worse. Also applicable medicines and other medical supplies that i will need for living with only one kidney.
    "Jungle Hardened - Desert Baked"
    Doug's Outdoors Shop
    - Kit,Survival on Facebook

This is tough news Doug and an awkward subject to talk about both in 'real life' and online. But as you mentioned you are a Survivalist and I know you will fight this, I expect no less from you. Sounds like you already have a plan in action and that's a good thing. Even though we are anonymous here for the most part, I think you can rely on many of us for a support network.

I moved this thread from the Member Videos section to here in Survival and Preparedness
    Last edited by Maine; 05-01-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    I've never met a body of water I didn't like

Our prayers are with you
    "FIRE IN THE HOLE"

http://www.nastyscorner.com/

"Life is hard, but when you are STUPID, it's harder." (John Wayne)

Tomorrow i meet with the cancer doc for the first time to go over our attack plan on this deadly invader.
    I will keep ya'll posted on what goes down. Maybe if this happens to anyone else, ya'll can learn from my experience.
    And you're correct Maine, i will put up a good fight. Anonymous or not, it's nice to have folks like you i can post to about this, when i really need to vent.

SSG - Thank You! i need all the prayers i can get.
    "Jungle Hardened - Desert Baked"
    Doug's Outdoors Shop
    - Kit,Survival on Facebook

Good luck Doug
    It is only after losing everything are we free to do anything

Smoke sent 1651.921 miles to the northeast, Doug.....

Smoke Sent!!! by Trent Rock's Visual Vices, on Flickr

My mom is a cancer survivor (double mastectomy)
    That's good you got it as early as possible....

Law 38

Think As You Like But Behave Like others

If you make a show of going against the times, flaunting your unconventional ideas and unorthodox ways, people will think that you only want attention and that you look down upon them. They will find a way to punish you for making them feel inferior. It is far safer to blend in and nurture the common touch. Share your originality only with tolerant friends and those who are sure to appreciate your uniqueness.

Doug having known 3 people with cancer now I wish you all the luck you can get.
    My grandad beat it twice, the doctors gave him 6 months that first time and instead he fought and made it another 15 years before it finally got him when he was 70, he just made those extra years count.

Also feel free to share as much or as little as you like, we'll do our best to be supportive at a trying time like this even if you want to let some steam off.

Get your SurvivalHQ Patches here

"That road less traveled is a toll road, and sometimes the charge is more expensive than we ever expected. Most of the time, it's a one way road. Make the decision, hope for the best, and start traveling. Carry lots of coins."
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
    Dr Seuss

Good luck Doug, keep us posted. The mind is a powerful thing and plays it's part in overcoming the toughest challenges. You're already half way to beating it with your survival mindset.
    Last edited by Joe; 05-01-2012 at 07:42 PM.

As tough as it might be for you, I hope you will share with us everything you are going through both mentally and physically and what the doctors share with you. This is a great teaching tool for all of us as we never know what curve balls life will throw us or what we can expect with cancer.

What we do have control over is how we look at each day and how we live our lives and the best anyone can do is enjoy life to its fullest and give em hell when S*** comes your way.

We are all behind you and support you!

Our thoughts, prayers and good intentions are being sent to you, your family and all of those who will be instrumental in your care and therapy....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast