Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Morale, have you planned or considered this

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    Conversely, what have you observed or experienced, some high morale practices and ideas in the workplace or home.
    We men are simple creatures give us food and a variety of fresh tail and we're happy. Maybe in a post apocalyptic world we will revert to our natural genetic predisposition and but aside the artificial constrains of monogamy, prevalent in our European culture. If in the interest of preserving the species and maintaining moral we will once again accept the need of men to spread their seed to as many women as they can provide for, I suspect men's moral would go up.

Joking ....... kinda sorta
    Last edited by LongRider; 05-08-2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Merge posts

This is another definition of morale, but in this link moral is also defined.

Another line of thought, one can be effected by the other.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/morale

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...0&t=1336516098

Morals can cover a whole range of issues. not just sexual behaviour.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

"Charles Darwin"

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    This is another definition of morale, but in this link moral is also defined.
    Valid point I agree that immoral behavior can lead to bad moral. How can anyone be up beat and positive when in the quiet of the night they know they are a scumbag? That said morality comes in two flavors. Universal essential truths like those Joesph Campbell discusses in his book "The Power Of Myth". Somethings are inherently and universally good or evil for all human beings. Others are good or bad based upon social and cultural morals. Monogamy as an example is part of Judeo Christian morality but not a part of other cultures moral structure.

Hope my attempt at being funny has not derailed this thread as I think it is a valid one.

One thing we are doing is building up our DVD, CD, video game and book collection. Many that we have not even opened so that they will be new to us when we get to them. Of those we do read/view or play we don't keep flops so that the ones we do have will be worth seeing, reading doing again if it comes to that. We've also set aside a couple of spare iPods, Kindles and solar chargers.

Hope my attempt at being funny has not derailed this thread as I think it is a valid one.
    Very valid point mate, it is one i took for granted, hence i didn't mention it.

But, bad or controversial morals, can and do effect morale, a double edged sword, so to speak.

Very good point you made.

thankyou.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

"Charles Darwin"

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Hahaha not IMO, I got a good laugh out of it.

And took a few minutes thinking about the possibilities

One thing we are doing is building up our DVD, CD, video game and book collection. Many that we have not even opened so that they will be new to us when we get to them. Of those we do read/view or play we don't keep flops so that the ones we do have will be worth seeing, reading doing again if it comes to that. We've also set aside a couple of spare iPods, Kindles and solar chargers.
    Yup, this is a good plan.
    Other things I like to have on hand are cards and board games, but Monopoly has no place in my house, I reckon that game has caused more family feuds than all of the other board games combined.

Now my book collection is extensive and covers a lot of practical subjects mixed in with a lot of novels and especially series, I have a small selection of favorites on the shelves and a bunch of boxes full of books in my attic and shed.
    I don't know about others but I love getting to know a character over a long period, a lot of my books are series that run from 3 to 15 books.
    Just like a good TV show, if the character and plot is interesting then the series can run and run for a long time.

Get your SurvivalHQ Patches here

"That road less traveled is a toll road, and sometimes the charge is more expensive than we ever expected. Most of the time, it's a one way road. Make the decision, hope for the best, and start traveling. Carry lots of coins."
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
    Dr Seuss

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123